Last updated: June 30, 2021
Photo Expressions (“PE”) takes your privacy seriously. As a 100% Canadian company producing products in-house, PE can assure you that the collection, usage and disclosure of private personal information adheres to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Collection of Personal Data
Personal data may be collected by:
- Placing orders online
- Placing orders on paper order forms or by telephone
- School or Sports League providing data
The types of personal information collected depend on the application, but can include:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping Address
- Personal stats (height, weight, position)
- Grade level and classroom designation (ie. homeroom or division)
- Student ID number
All data is collected in accordance with applicable provincial and federal laws.
Usage of Personal Data
Personal data is never sold to a third party.
Data may be used for:
- Production of orders
- Sorting and shipping of orders
- Customer communication
- Organized products for schools and sports leagues (eg. yearbooks, ID stickers)
Please note, PE does not collect or store payment data online. In the case of placing an online order via payment card, you are redirected to our secure payment processing partner, which collects and processes to payment information.
In the case of paper order forms, the credit card portion of these documents are shredded upon completion of work, and the rest of the form is returned to the customer with the order.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal data is retained as long as is necessary to meet customer needs (for example, PE promises up to 5 years of data for sports photos, so athletes can place orders for several years of photos at once. In the case of retail photofinishing, data is stored for 6 months).
When data is no longer required, it is securely deleted.
Withdrawal of Consent
Using the contact information below, you can contact PE’s Privacy Officer and notify withdrawal of consent. In this case, PE will do everything possible to scrub personal data, unless required to keep by law. Please note PE will seek to confirm your identity before engaging in this process.
Opting Out of Email Communication
Promotional emails have an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom, which will exclude you from further promotional communication until you opt back in. Alternatively, you can contact PE’s Privacy Officer (details below) to personally request an opt-out.
Please note that order-specific emails will still be sent.
Protection of Personal Data
Photo Expressions protects data by performing almost all production and data processing in-house. Additional security measures include:
- Physical security: Data is mostly stored on site, on password-protected RAID drives, accessed on password-protected computers, and processed via password-protected software. Our physical location takes all the standard security measures of a public-facing business and has never had a security breach.
- Technical security: Sensitive data stored online is in FIPPA-compliant software suites, stored on Amazon Canada servers.
- Policies to protect data: Photo Expressions’ online partners use industry-best practices to protect data and photos. For proofed portraits, unique random access codes are generated and shared with custodial family.
- Restricting access to data: Portraits are offered for online sale with unique random access codes. It is up to parents with whom they share the access code. If others (such as grandparents) call Photo Expressions to obtain access to online portraits, we send them to the parents for the code.
Personal Information of Children
Photo Expressions routinely works with children under the age of 16. Data may be collected from schools or sports leagues.
Photo Expressions does not knowingly directly solicit or collect data from children under the age of 16, without proven parental consent.
Contact Our Privacy Officer
Photo Expressions Privacy Officer:
Email: ron (@) photoexpressions.ca
Phone: 604-554-0892 (direct)
Attn: Privacy Officer
140-2250 Fremont St,
Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 0M3